Wanxing Xu's home page > TA: CS 8, Fall 2007.
Please evaluate me at ievals.ucr.edu. This online evaluation is available now and until Sunday, December 9th, 11:59 p.m. Please take the time to log on and complete your evaluations. This information is taken very seriously.
Please be nice. Thank you so much!
There are 5 HTML mini labs, each of them worth 4 points for a total of 20, which appears as for "lab 10". Please remember to check this score from me (it will also appear in Toby's website). You can make up these HTML mini labs in the lab or in my office hour.
To download a file, right click the link and choose "Save target as..." and save the file to your web drive.
|Week||Dates||Lab Assignment||Manual||Files Needed||HTML||Last Date for
|1||Oct 1-5||Word Chap.1 (1A & 1B)||P233-286||
| ||Friday, Oct 26|
|2||Oct 8-12||Word Chap.2 (2A & 2B)||P317-374||
| ||Friday, Oct 26|
|3||Oct 15-19||Excel Chap.1 (1A & 1B)||P587-664||e01B_Gas_Usage.xls|| ||Friday, Nov 2|
|4||Oct 22-26||Excel Chap.2 (2A & 2B)||P695-736|| ||Assignment||Friday, Nov 9|
|5||Oct 29-Nov 2||Access Chap.1 (1A & 1B)||P865-927||a01A_Academic_Departments.mdb||Assignment||Friday, Nov 16|
|6||Nov 5-9||Access Chap.2 (2A)||P969-1022||a02A_Club_Fundraiser.mdb||Assignment||Monday, Nov 26|
|7||Nov 12-16||Powerpoint Chap.1 (1A)||P1137-1179||p01A_Expansion.ppt||Assignment||Friday, Nov 30|
|8||Nov 19-23||No labs (Thanksgiving week)|
|9||Nov 26-30||Powerpoint Chap.2 (2A & 2B)||P1209-1238||
|Assignment||Friday, Dec 7|
|10||Dec 3-7||HTML Tutorial - click here|| ||The Standalone Mozilla|| ||Sunday, Dec 9|
1. Rules for the lab can be found on Toby's webpage.
2. Your account.
3. If you login to Linux, you should login Windows: Right click anywhere on the screen, and choose "Open Terminal". In the terminal, type one of the following command.
4. In windows, go to Start->all programs->Microsoft Office-> and choose the program you need.
5. There may be some files needed to do the projects, find the right file below, right click the link and choose "save target as..." and save it to your web driver.
6. Finish all the project for the lab section. Let me check your work before you leave.
7. You can skip the "Print" operation, but you need to show me the print preview.
8. Please check your scores for the lab frequently (from Toby's webpage go to "Grade Inquiry"). Please contact me ASAP if you have questions about your score. The score for each lab cannot be changed after a certain date (see the table above).