I graduated in 2012 and work in Cisco System, Inc. I was a member of the networking lab. My advisor is Dr. Srikanth V. Krishnamurthy. I received BS in Computer science in Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications in 2007.
- Email: jning AT cs.ucr.edu
- Office: EBU II, Room 367
Networking and communications. Especially on Wireless networks: PHY/MAC layer design; analysis, simulations and performance evaluation; security issues in mesh ad hoc networks.
- Selected graduate projects
- Evaluting the use of steganography in online social networks.
- Forencis analysis of packet losses in wireless networks.
- A scheduling algorithm for visiable light communications.
- Media access control (MAC) protocol for ultra-violet based outdoor wireless optical communications.
- A Lightweight Countermeasure for Packet Replay Based Denial of Service in Wireless Networks.
- Directional Neighbor Discovery in 60 GHz Indoor Wireless Networks.
- Improving and evaluating Routing Protocol for Low Power and Lossy Network (RPL) on vehicular network (Cisco).
- Measuring webpage load performance in a Chrome extension (Google).
- Enhancing packet loss model in network emulator Dummynet (Google).
- Video auto-sense configuration via the use of SDP messages (Cisco).
- Undergraduate diploma
Improvement on the video decoding module of AVS (audio and video coding standard of China) in mobile audio and video monitoring system.
- E. Gelal, J. Ning, K. Pelechrinis, T. S. Kim, I. Broustis, S.V. Krishnamurthy, and B. Rao. Topology Control for Effective Interference Cancelation in Multi-User MIMO Networks. To appear in Transaction on Networking, 2012.
- K. C. Lee, R. Sudhaakar, J. Ning, L. Dai, S. Addepalli, M. Gerla. A Comprehensive Evaluation of RPL under Mobility. International Journal of Vehicular Technology, 2012.
- J. Ning, T. S. Kim, S. V. Krishnamurthy and C. Cordeiro. Directional Neighbor Discovery in 60 GHz indoor wireless networks. Elsevier Performance Evaluation Journal, 2011. [link]
- J. Ning, K. Pelechrinis, S. V. Krishnamurthy, R. Govindan. On the Trade-offs between Collecting Packet Level Forensic Evidence and Data Delivery Performance in Wireless Networks. IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), 2013.
- J. Ning, S. Singh, K. Pelechrinis, B. Liu, S. V. Krishnamurthy, and R. Govindan. Forensic Analysis of Packet Losses in Wireless Networks. IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP), 2012.
- Y. Li, L. Wang, J. Ning, K. Pelechrinis, S. V. Krishnamurthy and Z. Xu. VICO: A Framework for Configuring Indoor Visible Light Communication Networks. IEEE International Conference on Mobile Ad-hoc and Sensor Systems (MASS), 2012.
- N. De Coppi, J. Ning, G. Papageorgiou, M. Zorzi, Sr. V. Krishnamurthy and T. La Porta. Network Coding Aware Queue Management in Multi-Rate Wireless Networks. International Conference on Computer Communication Networks (ICCCN), 2012.
- Z. Feng, J. Ning, I. Broustis, K. Pelechrinis, S. V. Krishnamurthy and M. Faloutsos.Coping with Packet Replay Attacks in Wireless Networks. IEEE Communications Society Conference on Sensor, Mesh and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks (SECON), 2011.
- Y. Li, J. Ning, Z. Xu, S. V. Krishnamurthy and G. Chen. UVOC-MAC: A MAC Protocol for Outdoor Ultraviolet Networks. IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP), 2010.
- J. Ning, T. S. Kim, S. V. Krishnamurthy and C. Cordeiro. Directional Neighbor Discovery in 60 GHz indoor wireless networks. ACM International Conference on Modeling,Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWiM), 2009. [pdf]
- Y. Ding, W. Wang, Q. Chen, J. Ning and J. Ma. Video Feedback Control Mechanism Based on Layered Coding over Heterogeneous Networks . China-Ireland International Conference on Information and Communications Technologies (CIICT), 2007.
T. M. Pang, H. Rangarajan, J. Ning and S. Sonakiya. Auto-configuration of Network Parameters for Multimedia Traffic Using Session Description Protocol (Cisco Patent 969836/Seq. No. 29792), 2011.
(09/2007-06/2008) Course CS8 Introduction to Computing
(01/2009-03/2009) Course CS164 Computer Networks (course wepage).
- Tools: Matlab, Latex, Wireshark
- Network simulators: OPNET(acknowledgement page), Qualnet, NS2, Dummynet